Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Overflow.

I tried sleeping about an hour ago and of course I am restless. How can I be so exhausted yet unable to drift off?! I have a tendency to over analyze everything when I lay down at night and tonight is no exception. I think "over analyzing" often has a negative connotation to it but it doesn't always have to be that way. Tonight as I lay in bed my thoughts drifted to my absolute happy place: the direction my life is headed and who it will soon be forever shared with. There has been SO much going on in my life recently that I never thought would've been happening at the mere age of 21 but life is never as we plan...and for that I am so very thankful. This engagement period Austin and I are going through is so bittersweet. It's awful to say that, I guess, but it has been SO stressful. Do not get me wrong, I am so happy and grateful for my sweet fiance, but this whole wedding planning thing is overwhelming! I was once an uber perfectionist and I am finding myself not even really caring much about the details anymore. All of the big things are done and I'm so caught up with WEDDING stuff 24/7 that I'm just over it and ready to be married. I hate this though. It is a one time thing and something every girl dreams of BUT no one tells you when you're little that other princesses want your venues the same day you do, that you have to organize lots of boys to get their right tuxes on time, that you have to come up with centerpieces for 30+ tables, and that once your wedding dress is fitted you can't gain ONE ounce. I am just so ready to see Austin at the end of that aisle and know that everything will be okay. Let's just say I've been relying on my best friends and lots of wine for these past few months! :) But seriously, I am having the time of my life planning my future I just wish it was less stressful but maybe I just need to stop being a baby and really take the time to enjoy all these moments because like I said, this is a one time thing. I am so so lucky to have the family and friends that I do though that are helping me pull of this BEAUTIFUL event in 5 months though..it will truly be a night to remember and I am so excited to be a Mrs.!

Austin and I have decided to stay in Crawfordsville for now and save money before we move back to Georgia (thank you JESUS!!) since Austin has a job with benefits and insurance and I have my salon here. We also have a house to rent for an unbelievable price that is furnished and that we love so I am feeling very blessed. We even get to paint and decorate! I am so excited..for all that know me, this is right up my alley! We picked swatches this week and are starting to paint in the next few weeks and shop around for some things for it. I would love a new couch and chair for the living room and a new headboard for our bed..so we will see! We're also registering on friday and I am so anxious to get my hands on that price gun!! Ha. I am ate up. It just BLESSES my heart to know that people are willing to come together to watch Austin and I get married and I wouldn't trade the beautiful souls I know for anything. Its just so wonderful to watch how God allows things to play out. I am so happy and I don't know how my life could've ever ended up any better.


Hmm any other random things I should fill the blog-world in on..
well, I've been working out with Austin and am actually loving it..I'm planning to get my 1 Samuel 16:7 half sleeve tattooed after the wedding, I have decided to update my wardrobe to more adult-ish and start investing in quality staple pieces and I started by organizing my closets and purging all the old..it feels so refreshing and somewhat homemaker-ish which we all know I need practice on cause I'm gonna be a WIFE soon..such a weird term!! I'm loving living at home for the last time in my life and seeing my family all the time..it's been so good to have Brennan home..I'm still unhealthily obsessed with Pinterest and have been trying to channel my inner-artist lately and I LOVE it..and other than that I can honestly say that my life consists of wedding stuff! Funny how that comes full circle and we're BACK to wedding. I'm telling you, I can't escape it. Ha.

Off to bed..been listening to Hillsong and Ellie Holcomb's new album Magnolia (based on the Psalms..soo good..go buy it on iTunes!!) and it has me in such a comforted state. I am so in love with a God who is in complete and total control of EVERYTHING and NOTHING is too big for Him..NOTHING. I have just recently begun to grasp that concept..that everyone on earth has problems yet Christ has time for us all. Talk about wonderful! Okay I could go on and on! I'm really going..okay..goodnight!


No comments:

Post a Comment