Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Blessings.

I'm sitting here curled up in my baggy sweats and glasses, pillowcase fresh out of the dryer, just finished talking to my amazing boyfriend before he goes to bed, watching tivo'd episodes of American Idol with my family. Doesn't get much better than this, folks. I'm just in awe of life's blessings lately..and it's nothing exravagant either. Like I've always heard, it's amazing how love can change your life. I appreciate things so much more and Austin has made me re-evaluate so many things and simply be thankful for the everything God blesses us with. Life could not be better. Work has been going so well, not 100% busy yet since I still need to take state boards, but I've had so many family members and friends come give me their business and it's been awesome. (Thanks guys!) We leave for our Carribean cruise Sunday and I am soo excited. My parents, Aimee, the Rykers, the Surbers, and I are going on a 7 night cruise to Belize, Grand Cayman Islands, and Cozumel. I am so ready for some sunshine and best friend time. I will not miss the United States one bit. Ha. Austin and I could not be better. He came and visited this past weekend and it was a blast. We went to Little Mexico, saw my salon, went to the Beef House, went to church, hung out and watched movies at home and just goofed off and layed around and had amazing talks. He's my best friend and I am so anxious for him to move here. Just about 3.5 more weeks and he'll be here!! We're still looking for apartments for him but I'm pretty sure he has a job lined up. Things are really falling into place. We're both just gonna work for about a year and save money until we can get married sometime next summer. I don't care that I've only known him 7 months, I am 100% sure he's who God has for me. After all, my parents got engaged after 3 months..funny how you follow in their footsteps in certain things. ;) I'm the happiest I've ever been and I owe it ALL to Christ. My parents have been pretty great with everything too, I'm just so thankful for all their love and support. Brennan's been gone 6.5 weeks today at boot camp..halfway done! I couldn't be more proud. It's a daily struggle having him gone and I think I see my momma cry at least twice a day, but the day we go to San Diego and watch him be presented with his Eagle, Globe, and Anchor and deemed a US Marine will be one of the most amazing moments we'll ever experience. I don't know many people, especially in this day and age, who are willing to go serve at 17 years old and enjoy it as much as he does. Truly an American hero and I'm so lucky to call him, "brother."

I guess it just all comes down to this: I serve one AMAZING and FAITHFUL God, I have the perfect job and am supported by so many people, and I have THE BEST friends and family in this entire world. Honestly, what more could you ask for? I am firm and confident in my salvation and relationship with Christ and know that I have people to turn to day or night for anything I would ever need. I have been blessed with way more I deserve but it's so amazing what life has to offer when you start living for God and trusting that everything..will always..be okay. It's so easy to say that we trust God when things are good but even in trials we need to have the same spirit and I'm learning to live that way. We should cling to Christ most and have full faith in His plan even when we can't see "why." To trust Him means to whole-heartedly have faith in a NEW way..a less worried way. Gosh, things are great. I've just been so encouraged lately and I'm so happy with how everything is falling into place. Now I just need my boyfriend here and life will be even better.

For all you reading, I love you. God loves you. I'm praying for you and no matter what you're going through right this second, God is BIGGER. There is always a light at the end of the tunnel. Love life and life will love you back.

No comments:

Post a Comment